WHERE DO THE OLIVES WITH WHICH WE PRODUCE OUR EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL COME FROM?
OUR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL IS 100% ITALIAN. PRODUCED WITH OLIVES GROWN AND HARVESTED IN OUR AREA.
CRUSHED WITHIN A FEW HOURS OF HARVESTING. IT IS COLD PRESSED.
HOW IS OUR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PRODUCED?
We harvest the olives directly from the trees and at the right stage of ripeness with manual rakes or mechanical shakers. The olives, made drop on nets lying on the ground, are immediately harvested to avoid fermentation and placed in perforated crates.
The olives arrived at the mill are weighed and their integrity, healthiness and state of ripeness is visually checked.
The time has come to eliminate leaves, twigs and wash the olives.
The olives are crushed with a granite millstone or pressed with a crusher. The olive crushing system is evaluated based on the ripeness of the olives and the type of oil to be produced. The olive paste is conveyed into the kneaders, stainless steel tanks with helical blades inside that mix the paste for the necessary time. Small droplets of oil detach from the pulp creating ever larger droplets. It is a phenomenon called COALESCENCE!
Thanks to the centrifugal force of the decanter and separators we eliminate the olive pomace and the water. Thus our extra virgin olive oil is ready, cold pressed thanks to the control of the processing temperature.
Just like fresh-squeezed olive juice!
Most of the extra virgin olive oil produced is filtered to preserve chemical, physical and organoleptic characteristics over time, and stored at a controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks.
Before the sale, our extra virgin olive oil is analysed in accredited laboratories to check its chemical-physical parameters and subjected to Panel Test for organoleptic control, then it is packaged in glass bottles or cans.
QUALITY CONTROLS. A conscientious way of working, respecting and protecting the consumer.
Our extra virgin olive oil is consumed by people of all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Therefore, it is essential to carry out rigorous controls on the entire oil supply chain to obtain a genuine and quality product.
- Only fresh and healthy olives are harvested and processed to obtain an oil of low acidity, fragrant and rich in nutrients.
- The olives are transported and stored in the mill in perforated crates or bins to facilitate fruit aeration.
- All processing phases are carried out by trained and qualified personnel, supported by Felice and Mario Bitetti.
- All supplies (bins, cans, bottles, caps, etc.) are controlled through the release of compliance certificates.
- All the metal parts with which the product comes into contact are made of stainless steel and are kept constantly clean and sanitized as well as the processing rooms and various equipment.
- The plants are regularly serviced to ensure their proper functioning and workers’ safety.
- Organoleptic, chemical, physical and multiresidual analyses are carried out on oil batches.
- Frantoio Bitetti carries out all the procedures and controls established by the HACCP plan drawn up pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 193/07.
Organic farming is a natural farming method that involves the entire agricultural ecosystem. It respects the natural seasonal cycles, uses the natural fertility of the soil with limited interventions and promotes the biodiversity of the environment in which it operates. For the care of our olive grove a calendar of operations is scrupulously followed, which includes:
- Organic fertilization.
- Natural grassing to create a natural habitat suitable for the protection of insects and small animals.
- Annual pruning.
- Placement, if necessary, of natural traps for catching olive-flies.